WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT
HYAS Infosec is looking for an experienced and highly skilled Software Engineer to design and deliver solutions using modern software engineering practices and cloud technologies.
HYAS is at the forefront of a paradigm shift in cyber security as we not only focus on a unique understanding of adversary infrastructure and malicious actors use of it, but we utilize our unique data and approach to lead the charge in modern, advanced Protective DNS solutions. As HYAS is the only startup and rapidly growing company identified by CISA and the US Government in the Protective DNS space, you will have the rare opportunity to drive full forward as we change the world.
You will join the team that is responsible for the overall quality of our product solutions, and in turn protect our company’s brand reputation. In this role you will have the opportunity to directly impact the trajectory of an ambitious tech startup, becoming apart of the HYAS culture. We are a fast-paced, fun organization going through rapid growth and solving technical challenges at an exponential scale. This is a rare opportunity to join a high growth startup that is looking to give you a career-changing impact on the business.
Job location can be remote in the United States or Canada; preferred locations are Victoria, B.C., N. California, S. California, Denver, or Austin, but all locations are encouraged to apply
• Writing software for new production features
• Debugging existing features, identification and solving of product defects
• Estimating (and achieving) coding schedules
• API integration and mapping of data fields to ingest new data sources
• Writing of unit tests to ensure quality, accuracy, effectiveness, and reliability
• Communication of schedules and status
• An understanding of cloud-native architectures, especially building systems on Azure
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably computer science, security, or a related field, with at least 3 years of writing code for production systems
• Experience with databases, data ingestion, and APIs
•An interest in finding performance bottlenecks and making optimizations
• Prior experience designing and implementing highly scalable software solutions in the Cloud
• Prior experience in the cybersecurity space (bonus)
• 3+ years of writing code in Java and/or Python
• Working experience with Go
• Working experience with Apache NiFi is a bonus
• Strong experience in Agile software engineering development methodologies
• Experience using the Azure technology stack
• Strong experience with RESTful API management, integration, and creation
• Strong software engineering fundamentals around data structures, algorithms, design patterns and strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated problem-solving and debugging skills necessary to determine root causes of defects and recommendation resolutions
• Working experience with PostgreSQL. Experience with Pivotal GreenPlum is a bonus
• Working experience with NoSQL database technology is a bonus
• Proven ability to work well independently, without requiring strong oversight, and with remote colleagues via email, slack, video, or phone
• Proven ability to translate product management requirements into functional specifications and working production cod
We’re not fans of mediocrity in any form, and we ask a lot of our team. In return, we provide top-tier benefits — including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability — competitive salary, flexible hours, and generous paid time off.
In accordance with applicable Colorado law, the following represents HYAS’ reasonable estimate of the possible salary range for this role if hired in Colorado. This information is provided only for those hired in Colorado. Please note that this role is also open to candidates outside of Colorado, and locations outside of Colorado may have a different salary range.
HYAS is an equal opportunity workplace. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, neurodiversity, or any other status protected by law
Your application was submitted successfully.