WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT
HYAS Infosec is currently looking for an Application Support / DevOps Engineer. HYAS is at the forefront of a paradigm shift in cyber security as we not only focus on a unique understanding of adversary infrastructure and malicious actors’ use of it, but we utilize our unique data and approach to lead the charge in modern, advanced Protective DNS solutions. As HYAS is the only startup and rapidly growing company identified by CISA and the US Government in the Protective DNS space, you will have the rare opportunity to drive full forward as we change the world.
In this hybrid role, you will become an expert on our customers and their use of the various HYAS products and lead the way in debugging, understanding, and resolving technical problems. Based on our infrastructure, the technical skills it takes to support our product dovetails nicely into a dual DevOps role as well. When not working customer issues, you will be using your skills to improve the software platform. You will work closely with Customer Success and Engineering to bridge the gap and ensure that our customers are successful from a technical perspective and that our platform runs smoothly.
Job location can be remote in Canada; preferred locations are Victoria, B.C., but all locations within Canada are encouraged to apply.
· Work as an escalation point for all software, environment, and integration-related issues (escalations) originating from our production environment or the customers’ use of our solutions.
· Respond to support tickets from Customer Success and/or Pre-Sales to analyze, debug, and either resolve the issue directly or gather enough information to relay the details to Engineering.
· Provide relevant information back to Customer Success for inclusion in FAQs and/or communication to the customer. Work directly with customers and partners over email, Slack, and video when needed.
· Technical investigation of escalations using production monitoring/alerting, log-file analysis, development tools, and other solutions as needed.
· Create bug reports for Engineering if/when required including detailed steps for issue reproduction and relevant information on steps taken during the investigation.
· Create product enhancement requests for Product Management if/when required, based on understanding customers and what would make the overall solution better
· Respond to production-level alerts and issues/concerns around solution availability, either resolving the issue directly or gathering information and relaying required details to Engineering and others
· Enhance production monitoring and alerting capabilities
· Enhance CI/CD solution
· Scaling resources and implementing management and scaling scripts
· Develop solutions/tooling for Support and Engineering to use and potentially evolve them into self-service tools
· Update technical knowledge base
· Update architectural documentation
· 1+ years of experience working as an Application Support Engineer
· 3+ years of experience working as a DevOps engineer
· Solid experience in technical troubleshooting
· Strong understanding of the nature of production issues and experiencing in using various tools in troubleshooting.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field of study
· Experience with enterprise and service provider SaaS products
· Proven ability to work independently and remotely, context-shifting rapidly when required
· Able to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced and changing environment
· Demonstrated creativity and resourcefulness; driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments.
· Experience developing in at least one modern object-oriented language (Java, Python)
· Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
· Strong Unix skills
· Log mining skills
· Experience working with API endpoints
· Multi-tier architecture debugging skills
· Good grasp of network technologies
· Knowledge of Best Practices for network and resource management
· Experience with implementation of CI/CD
· Familiar with Azure environment is a plus
We’re not fans of mediocrity in any form, and we ask a lot of our team. In return, we provide top-tier benefits — including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability — competitive salary, flexible hours, and generous paid time off.
HYAS is an equal opportunity workplace. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, neurodiversity, or any other status protected by law
Your application was submitted successfully.