HYAS is searching for a resourceful and self-motivated Executive Assistant to provide support to our CEO. This is located at our Headquarters in Victoria, the ideal candidate must have the ability to navigate multiple complex scheduling and calendaring across multiple time zones in support of a remote operation. Candidates must reside in the Victoria, British Columbia area to be considered for this opportunity, or if remote, in the San Francisco Bay Area (California).
Reporting to the CEO the Executive Assistant will be required to perform an array of Executive-level administrative duties with impeccable integrity and composure. The Executive Assistant must have excellent communication skills, demonstrate exemplary judgement and work well under pressure. A prerequisite for the position is a high level of maturity and a strict level of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive company matters.
- Provide strategic calendar and travel support for the CEO, reflecting realistic priorities and allowing flexibility for fast changing agendas
- Manages CEO time through efficient scheduling and reminders of meetings and appointments, provides related materials, and maintains current itinerary on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Assist with the calendars of the Executive team as needed and as time available
- Works with the Executive team in a highly collaborative way to actively take responsibility for additional tasks that could free-up Executive time and resources
- Own travel coordination and logistics for executive(s)
- Ensure the successful completion of ad hoc requests from COS and CRO every day and aid the management team with ad hoc tasks and projects
- Presents a positive and professional image of the company to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries and clients. via phone, email, and/or in person
- Produces, proofreads and edits reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc. to ensure they are accurate and have a professional appearance consistent with company standards
- Prepare documents and presentations for the Executive team and Board of Advisors
- Gathers, reviews, enters, and obtains necessary approvals on all project and overhead expenses
- Resolve routine to complex inquiries
- Provides support and is a member of the assigned committees
- Support the planning, coordinating and implementing of corporate and client events
- Superb people skills, capable of working in a collaborative work environment with a personal commitment to get the job done
- 5-10 years administrative experience supporting upper level management positions a plus
- Post-secondary education would be considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in commonly used IT software and applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Trello, Zoom, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and possesses strong organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
Our benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability and long term-disability insurance and paid time off.
HYAS is an equal opportunity workplace. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, religion, color gender, age, national origin, disability veteran status, genetic information, neurodiversity or any other status protected by law.